Team Axe, LLC. HomeHome Team Axe, LLC. FacebookFacebook Team Axe, LLC. TwitterTwitter

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The One Person Software Development Project

I have completed my TeamAxe LAN pet project, and now I am moving onto my next endeavor.  I'm calling this the One Person Software Development Project.  The purpose of this project is to successfully envision, design, prototype, test, deliver, support and market a software product using only myself as a resource.  I will allow the use of consultation services as needed, but I intend to do a majority of the work myself.

The purpose of this project is not to inflate my already unrestrained ego.  On the contrary, I know that my work in the fields in which I am not studied or skilled will be woefully inadequate.  But, my hope is that in having to do the groundwork in these fields myself, it will give me a greater appreciation for professionals that I encounter out in the real world when I have walked a mile in their shoes.

In the day-to-day dealings in my professional life, I am constantly hearing people disparage other professions either intentionally or unintentionally.  I am guilty of this myself.  While the primary purpose of the project is to create the software, the ancillary purpose is to quantify the tasks that each of these fields bring to a successful product.  So, I see that the following fields must be fulfilled in order to bring a product from vision to market:

The Project
  1. Business Development
    1. Management 
    2. Licensing and Copyright
    3. Literature and Documentation
    4. Advertising and Marketing
  2. Project Management
    1. Business Analysis
    2. Usability and Human Factors
    3. Quality Assurance
  3. Visual Design
    1. Branding
    2. User Interface
    3. Marketing Materials
  4. Software Development
    1. Architecture
    2. Development
    3. Testing
  5. Infrastructure
    1. Development Platform
    2. Promotion Platform
    3. Support Platform
I feel that the product that I plan to bring to market is unique, so I will not be outlining specifics into any of these fields in regards to the actual end product.  But, I thought that this might be a good opportunity to give back to the community some insight into how a development process composed of one person could actually work.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ©Adam Axe