Strangeloop just concluded, and I am a now a smarter person for having gone.
It's odd to see so many of the things that I'm doing in my work both validated and denigrated at the same time. Should I be writing more test cases or abandoning test cases altogether? Should I be utilizing all of the complex object relationship and state management frameworks out there, or should I be endeavoring to reduce complexity in my code base? Should I be using Git or... using Git? I have a lot of design decisions that I need to revisit now with a new perspective.
It's also nice to see a relative lack of unsubstantiated chest-thumping for a particular design pattern or philosophy. That's not to say that there were not controversial statements or even whole presentations given. But, whenever a point of view was expressed, it was almost always done with plenty of substance to back it up. On that note, I think I'll stop blogging and write some code now.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment